Ford’s commercial vehicle range has been one of the most successful collections of cars ever produced. Carefully tailored to bring consumers exactly what they desire, the company created an identity that synonymous with superior quality and responsive design. Not surprisingly, this precision has earned the company a series of awards. As each recognises the hard work placed in crafting each vehicles, let’s take a look and see exactly what they received.
Over several months Ford has won an impressive collection of 25 top awards- more awards than in any other year. Amongst these included the International Van of the Year 2013 as well as ‘van of the year’ accolades from VansA2Z, Auto Express and What Van? titles.
Perhaps the most recognised of these vehicles was the Ford Ranger, which was launched in 2011. The range impressed many judges winning three ‘best pick-up’ awards and overall International Pick-up of the Year in 2013, making it a worthy selection for anyone looking for a good pick-up.
Additionally, the company also claimed two awards for their overall performance, snapping up the ‘van manufacturer of the year’ from Fleet Van and Van Fleet World publications.
Mark Ovenden, Ford Britain chairman and managing director, recently commented on these wins by saying: “Ford customers have the best-looking, most technologically advanced, fuel-efficient and fit-for-purpose CV range ever to choose from, and this is reflected in our outstanding awards success.
He continued: “On top of the launch investment committed for these new class-leading Transit models, Ford of Britain is investing heavily in its CV sales and aftercare infrastructure in the UK, launching 100 dedicated Transit Centres over the next 12 months.”
The full list of their honors is included below:
- International Van of the Year 2013
- Vans A2Z Awards – Van of the Year
- Vans A2Z Awards – Best Small Panel Van
- Vans A2Z Awards – Best Innovation
- Trade Van Driver Awards – Best Medium Van
- Van Fleet World Honours – Best New Van
- Van Fleet World Honours – Best Medium Van
- Van Fleet World Honours – Innovation Award Auto
- Express Awards – Van of the Year (inaugural award)
- ALD Automotive/Shell FuelSave MPG Marathon - Class 9 Award Transit Custom ECOnetic
- Fleet Van Awards – Medium Van of the Year
- What Van? Awards – Van of the Year 2014
- What Van? Awards – Best Medium Van 2014
- Vans A2Z Awards – Best Minibus (third year running)
- National Courier Association Members’ Choice Suppliers Awards – Best Light CV up to 7.5t
- FN 50 Awards – Most Reliable Van
- ACFO Awards – Large Van of the Year (17th time)
- Commercial Motor Used Truck of the Year Awards – Winner, 3.5-tonne van category
- ACFO Awards – Small Van of the Year (11th successive time)
- International Pick-up Award 2013
- Trade Van Driver Awards – Best 4x4 Truck
- Fleet Van Awards – Pick-up of the Year
- What Van? Awards – Best Pick-up 2014
- Vans A2Z Awards – Best Small Van
- ALD Automotive/Shell FuelSave MPG Marathon – Light Van Award - Fiesta Sport Van
- What Van? Awards 2014 – Best Small Van
Ford Motor Company
- Van Fleet World Honours – Van Manufacturer of the Year
- Fleet Van Awards – Manufacturer of the Year