Everything You Need To Know About The New Mercedes C Class Coupe
But its the new Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupé that everyone is talking about and for good reason...
Mercedes-Benz C Class Coupé
Building on both the best-selling C-Class Saloon and Estate, right from the start, the Mercedes C Class Coupe is available in two model lines - Sport and AMG - along with four engine options.
The two petrol engines range kicks off with a C 200 petrol engine, which produces 184 hp and is available with a six-speed manual or 7G-Tronic seven-speed automatic gearbox that produce 123 g/km of CO2 and 125 g/km respectively.
Next up is the new C 300 engine that produces 245 hp courtesy of its 7G-Tronic gearbox, with CO2 emissions from 146 g/km.
And there are also two diesel engines available too: the 170 hp C 220 d, with a six-speed manual (106 g/km) or 9G-Tronic nine-speed automatic gearbox (106 g/km), and the C 250 d, which produces 204 hp and comes with a 9G-Tronic gearbox (109 g/km).
Standard equipment for the C Class Coupe includes:
- LED headlights and tail-lights
- Active Park Assist
- PARKTRONIC parking sensors
- Reversing camera
- Sports seats with ARTICO upholstery including heated front seats
- 7" colour screen
- Garmin navigation
- Electrically folding mirrors
- Collision Prevention Assist Plus automatic braking system
- Sports exhaust system with switchable sound (C 300 version only)
When it comes to the Sport model, standard spec includes a gloss black interior trim with aluminium inlays in the doors, 17"alloy wheels and a diamond grille with black-painted pins - giving it that sporty look just in case people looking at it don't realise that it is part of the Sport line.
And then with the AMG Line, the exterior features an AMG bodystyling kit, 18" five-spoke alloy wheels, a diamond grille with chrome pins and 15mm lowered sports suspension, while the interior includes black ash wood trim, an AMG sports steering wheel with flat bottom, brushed steel sports pedals and a black roof lining.
At the top of the AMG range is the Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupé, complete with a 4.0-litre bi-turbo V8 engine and AMG Speedshift MCT 7-speed automatic gearbox that produces 476 hp and 650 Nm, and can accelerate from 0-62 mph in 4.0 seconds (although the Mercedes-AMG C 63 S is quicker off the blocks with its engine producing 510 hp and 700 Nm, and an initial 0-62mph of just 3.9 seconds.)
All cars have options packages available
- Premium Package includes a panoramic glass roof, keyless go, seat memory package and ambient lighting.
- Premium Plus Package includes a panoramic glass roof, keyless go, seat memory package, ambient lighting AND a Burmester surround sound system and COMAND online with 8-inch screen.
- Driver’s Assistance Package includes DISTRONIC Plus with stop and go (adaptive cruise control), Active blind spot and lane-keeping assist, and Pre-safe with pedestrian detection (anticipatory safety system).
The Mercedes-Benz C Class C 63 S Edition 1
From launch, a limited-edition C63 S Edition 1 is also available. This unique car features details exclusive to itself including:
- Diamond-stitched nappa leather upholstery with contrast yellow stitching
- Carbon fibre interior trim
- Graphite AMG decals on the bonnet, roof and sides
- AMG aerodynamic package and bespoke 19"front and 20" rear wheels
- An optional Edition 1 motorsport package consisting of additional yellow AMG decals,designo selenite grey magno paint, an AMG high-performance ceramic composite braking system and exclusive 19" front and 20" rear wheels with yellow detailing