The New SEAT Ateca: The Details
SEAT's first ever SUV, the SEAT Ateca, is now available to order, a mere few weeks ago since its highly acclaimed world debut at the Geneva Motor Show - and it is looking odds-on to make quite an impact in the UK’s compact SUV market.
Having already had praise lavished on it by Auto Express (an “impressive piece of kit”) and the Daily Telegraph (“in September, SEAT dealers will be very busy indeed”), pre-orders across Europe in countries such as France and Germany have already seen sales predictions having to be increased, and rivals such as the Nissan Qashqai and the Ford Kuga will need to be on their toes.
The Ateca UK line-up – in detail
First up, the entry-level Ateca S has "all the essential kit which a growing family or young-at-heart couple might need."
- A classy interior
- Air conditioning
- Media System Touch 5" touchscreen with USB and SD connectivity
- Leather steering wheel and gearknob
- Split-folding rear seats with reclining function
- 16" ‘Design’ alloy wheels
- LED daytime running lights.
Next up on the level front we find the Ateca SE, which is expected to be the best-selling trim level in the UK. This adds in such standard specifications as:
- Dual-zone climate control
- Cruise control
- Electrically adjustable, heated and folding door mirrors
- Rear parking sensors
- Full Link (SEAT’s seamless three-in-one connectivity solution for smartphones and tablets)
- Media System Plus infotainment system with 8" colour touchscreen, USB/Aux-in port, SD card slot, eight speakers, voice control and Bluetooth audio streaming and hands-free system.
- 17" ‘Dynamic’ alloy wheels
- LED taillights
- Black roof rails.
And it finishes off (at least until the ‘First Edition’ version is confirmed in May) with the Ateca XCELLENCE as the flagship for this model. This offers up a plethora of enticing premium features that includes many new innovations when it comes to a SEAT:
- Connectivity Hub with Wireless Phone Charger
- Multi-colour interior ambient lighting with LED interior illumination and a choice of eight colours.
- An ‘Ateca’ welcome light silhouette which is projected onto the ground from the bottom of the door mirrors
- SEAT Drive Profile with Driving Experience selector which allows the driver to adjust Ateca’s steering, throttle response and gear change speeds according to road and weather conditions or personal preferences, including Off-road and Snow modes on four-wheel-drive versions.
- Convenience Pack (auto lights and wipers, auto-dimming rear view mirror and automatic coming and leaving home lights function),
- KESSY (Keyless Enter & Go)
- Navigation system (3D map display, high resolution display, two SD card slots, DAB digital radio)
- Black leather upholstery
- Rear view camera
- Winter Pack (incorporating heated front seats and headlight washer system).
- 18" ‘Performance’ alloy wheels
- Chrome roof rails and window surrounds
- Chrome double exhaust pipes and aluminium roof rails
- Full LED headlights
- Dark tinted rear windows that complete the premium look.
On all Atecas, there is an array of safety aids and systems as standard on every Ateca, including:
- New Front Assist with City Emergency Braking and Pedestrian Protection
- Tiredness Recognition
- ASR traction control
- Electronic differential lock (XDS)
- Seven airbags
- Hill Hold Control
- Tyre pressure monitor.
Varied range of engines
As with any new model of car, let alone its first ever SUV, SEAT have made the new Ateca available with a wide choice of engines - a total of 5 in all; two petrol and 3 diesel - all mated to either six-speed manual or seven-speed DSG-auto transmissions.
A three-cylinder 1.0 TSI 115 PS is available on the S and SE, while a 1.6 TDI 115 PS capable of 65.7 mpg also features on S and SE. Further up the power charts to 150 PS, we find the 1.4 EcoTSI with Active Cylinder Shutdown and the 2.0 TDI (available with or without 4Drive) both available across SE and XCELLENCE trims.
The range-topping XCELLENCE features an exclusive 2.0 TDI 190 engine that comes with DSG and 4Drive, SEAT’s four-wheel-drive system.
Comfort, convenience, style and technology options aplenty
Even with a great range of standard equipment that is likely to turn rivals green with envy, there will always be customers that want that little bit more - so when it comes to options on the Ateca, SEAT have thought of that too.
For a touch extra you can find yourself with an innovative electric tailgate with Virtual Pedal, for both opening and closing; a Top View Camera, offering a 360-degree view to assist with parking and manoeuvring; Lane Assist, as part of a Driving Assistance Pack with High Beam Assist; and Blind Spot Detection, complete with new Rear Cross Traffic Alert.
With other extras such as a double boot floor, Park Assist, heated windscreen and electric panoramic sunroof also available, demand for the SEAT Ateca is likely to be high, so contact one of Nationwide Vehicle Contract's Customer Service team to register your interest.
Deliveries start later in 2016.