Updated 2015 Mazda CX-5 Now Available to Lease
"No other vehicle in the Mazda range demonstrates the value of SKYACTIV technology more clearly than the Mazda CX-5. It has allowed us to build a Compact SUV that delivers outstanding fuel economy and low CO2 emissions without compromising either performance or driving dynamics. And now, for 2015, significant enhancements and standard equipment upgrades make the Mazda CX-5 more competitive than ever before."
The words of Mazda UK Sales Director, Peter Allibon, when talking about the 2015 Mazda CX-5 upgraded model that is now in stock and available to lease at Nationwide Vehicle Contracts. Check out the great deals on offer here on all 16 different model ranges, all of which feature significant interior trim and standard equipment specification upgrades, as well as enhancements to the car's exterior.
The Mazda CX-5: the facts at a glance
Already winner of ‘Best Winter Car’ in the 2015 Carbuyer Best Car awards, the 2015 Mazda CX-5 model range is available in three grades - SE-L, SE-L Lux and Sport Nav - with three 2.0 litre petrol two-wheel drive variants (with six-speed manual transmissions) and thirteen 2.2 litre diesel versions (six with all-wheel drive) fitted with a choice of six speed manual or automatic transmissions.
The SE-L and SE-L Nav diesel cars feature the 150ps SKYACTIV-D diesel engine, while the range topping Sport Nav is equipped with the more powerful 175ps version, and courtesy of i-stop, Mazda’s smooth operating and fuel-saving smart idle-stop system, the manual and automatic models emit just 136 and 144g/km of C02 respectively, irrelevant of power.
The standard equipment specification of the Mazda CX-5 has always been impressive, but with enhancements it has become exceptional. Just for starters, when it comes to these improvements, we are talking; manual front passenger seat height adjustment, an electronic parking brake, a coming/leaving home headlamp function, and Mazda's Multimedia Commander with separate volume dial.
There is also a new 7" full-colour, centre console touch-screen as standard that incorporates DAB radio, two ports for USB connectivity and MZD Connect which, when used in conjunction with a smartphone, makes it easier to connect to the internet with all the access to features such as social networking that that entails.
Right at the top-of-the-range where the Sport Nav models sit you find cars that stand out from the crowd with their
- 19" Gunmetal alloy wheels
- LED headlamps (including LED daytime running lights)
- LED foglamps
- New Integrated Navigation system alongside the already comprehensive Sport Nav standard equipment
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control
- Stone Leather upholstery
- Adaptive front lighting system (AFS)
- Reversing camera
These are just some of the features that you find in addition to the standard features on the SE-L and SE-L Lux.
- 17" alloy wheels
- Halogen headlights
- Halogen front fog lights and daytime running lights
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Heated door mirrors with integrated indicator lights
- Privacy glass
- New black cloth upholstery
- Manual height adjustable driver and passenger seat
- Leather steering wheel and gear knob
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Electronic parking brake
- DAB radio with single CD player and 6 speakers
- 7-inch colour touch-screen with MZD-Connect infotainment
- Multimedia Commander with separate volume dial
- Integrated Bluetooth® including internet app integration
- USB / iPod® Connectivity (2 x inputs)
- Engine stop/start button
- i-stop idle stop/start system
- Gear shift indicator
- Dual-zone air-conditioning
- Rear cabin vents
- Rain-sensing front wipers
- Dusk-sensing headlights
- Front and rear power windows
- Coming/leaving home headlamps
- Cruise control with an adjustable speed limiter
The SE-L Lux grade, in addition to this, adds:
- Power tilt and slide sunroof
- Full leather upholstery
- 8-way power adjustable driver's seat with memory
- 6-way power adjustable front passenger seat
- Power driver's seat lumbar adjustment
- Heated front seats (3-Stage settings)
- Smart keyless entry
Safety and security
When it comes to safety and security on the Mazda CX-5, there is no scrimping either, even at the standard entry level with the SE-L. It's a veritable feast of safety acronyms with:
- Smart City Brake Support (SCBS)
- DSC stability control
- TCS traction control
- Emergency Stop Signalling (ESS)
- Hill Hold Assist (HHA)
- Front, side and curtain airbags
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- ISOFIX child seat anchors
- Thatcham Category 1 alarm and immobiliser
all of which are also available in both the SE-L and SE-Lux.
The Sport Nav models have available an update of Mazda's Safety Pack which has a whole host of newly-developed technologies, including:
- Adaptive LED headlamps (ALH) which automatically adjust high beams to avoid dazzling both oncoming and preceding vehicles
- Lane-keep Assist System (LAS) with Driver Attention Alert (DAA)
- Advanced Blind-Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (BSMw/RCTA)
- Rear Smart City Brake Support (RrSCBS) which automatically applies the brakes when reversing if the system detects an imminent rear impact.
Want to get your hands on the new Mazda CX-5? Check out our latest leasing offers.