All maintenance packages include all routine servicing, maintenance and repairs, replacement tyres (exclusions apply) and other repair costs that might be required during the contract. This cover is an addition to the standard full UK manufacturer’s warranty and roadside assistance that comes with all new vehicles.
A maintenance contract typically includes:
- Mechanical and electrical repairs or replacements, including associated parts and labour
- Bulbs, Batteries, Exhausts, Wiper Blades, Alternators & Starter Motors (dependent upon provider)
- Tyre repair and replacement (exclusions apply)
- UK breakdown assistance
- No recharges for punctures or damaged tyres (dependent upon provider)
- MOT tests (if applicable)
- Service Booking and Management Service
- Vehicle collection and delivery (where available)
What are the benefits?
- Planned fixed monthly cost
- No unexpected maintenance costs
- Protection from rising inflation costs
- Dedicated qualified technical team to deal with any problematic vehicles
- VAT is 100% recoverable on the Maintenance element of your contract for VAT registered businesses.
What are the exclusions?
- Repairs or replacements due to driver error or driver induced faults
- Repairs due to accident damage
- Missing or Broken items e.g., Bent Aerials, Missing Hub Cabs
- Vandalised and Stolen Wheels and/or Tyres
- Sidewall damage to the tyre/s, along with all and any form of damage to tyre/s
- Damaged windscreen and/or glass replacement
- Lubricant and Fluid Top Ups between service intervals (e.g. Oil Top Ups, Screenwash Top Ups)
- A relief vehicle is not guaranteed as part of your maintenance package. However, this may be available at an additional cost, dependant on your provider.