0345 811 9595

Mon-Fri 9am to 5.30pm

Arranging Parking Permits for your Lease Vehicle

If you live in a controlled parking area, chances are you're going to need a parking permit for your lease vehicle. Here at Nationwide Vehicle Contracts, we are often asked by customers about the requirements in order to arrange a parking permit for their lease vehicle so to make things easier, we have put together a short blog post to explain the process involved.

What is a parking permit

If you live in a flat or a house that has an allocated parking space or if you live in an area in which the street parking is controlled, you will likely need to arrange the parking permit with your landlord and/or local authority.

Usually, a parking permit is valid for a 6 or 12 months period. The permit is valid from the first day of the month and you will need to renew your permit before the expire date. It is important to mention that if you have more than one vehicle, you will need to arrange a parking permit for both of them, as one permit does not cover multiple vehicle. It is also worth noting that you cannot apply for a parking permit from the city council if you:

  • Live in a permit-free housing development
  • Have numerous unpaid penalty charge notices
  • Live in a different address
  • Do not live in a controlled parking zone
  • Your vehicle is not registered with DVLA within six months
  • Own a vehicle with space capacity for more than 12 passengers

I need a parking permit for my lease vehicle, what do I need from the lease company?

If you need a parking permit for your lease vehicle, then the landlord or the local authority is likely to ask for a letter confirming that you are driver of the vehicle. You can request this from Nationwide Vehicle Contracts by contacting our Customer Services team. Please note, we will only be able to discuss a parking permit with the person named on the finance documentation and you must have your registration number to hand. Email requests can take up to 3 working days to be actioned so if your request is urgent, please call us on 0345 811 9595.

We will then issue you with a letter confirming the following pieces of information:

  • Customer name
  • Customer address
  • Terms of contract (e.g. 2, 3 or 4 years)
  • Name of finance company
  • Vehicle make and model
  • Vehicle registration number
  • Colour of vehicle

Please bear in mind that if the landlord or the local authority asks to see a copy of the V5 Registration document, you will need to contact the finance provider directly as they are the owner and keeper of the vehicle.

Have more questions about arranging a parking permit? Leave a comment below or call our Customer Services team on 0345 811 9595 (option 3).

What happens in the event of death of the contract holder? WLTP explained

You may also like...