Page Header

0345 811 9595

Mon-Fri 9am to 5.30pm

Can I Take My Lease Vehicle Abroad?

Photo of Donna By Donna
29th December 2022
Road winding through a lush green valley

Can I drive my lease car abroad?

What paperwork is required to drive my lease car abroad?

If you're thinking of taking your lease vehicle abroad, it’s important that you have the correct documentation in place before you travel. Without a valid VE103 vehicle on hire certificate, you could face long delays at the border or risk having the vehicle impounded.

Mark Smith
Director - Nationwide Vehicle Contracts

Check your breakdown and motor insurance

Play Video: Taking Your Lease Vehicle Abroad

Have the rules changed since Brexit?

Local driving laws

'GB' symbol

GB Sticker

Number 3 within two circles

CRIT’Air Clean Air Emission Sticker

blue and orange triangle graphic

Vehicle Safety Kit

Cartoon breathalyser

Breathalyser Kit

Cartoon child-friendly seatbelt

Children-Friendly Seat Belts

Cartoon chain

Snow Chains and/or Winter Tyres

What else do I need to take to drive abroad?

How to prepare your vehicle for a trip

Guide Information

Photo of Donna

About the Author: Donna Kelly

You may also like...

Is There an Age Limit to Lease a Car?

Best cars for dogs

What Happens If My Lease Vehicle Is Recalled by the Manufacturer?

Was this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!