Get an instant car leasing quote
Find cars by priceUnder £150 Under £200 £200 - £250 £250 - £350 £350 - £450 £450 - £550 Above £550
Note: Prices are based on monthly payment excluding VAT, Initial Rental and Processing Fee.
Find cars by type
Find cars by make
Business Lease Purchase Explained
What is business lease purchase?
Lease purchase contracts is available to business customers. It is an agreement designed to offer dedicated vehicle funding if your company eventually wishes to buy the vehicle, but doesn’t want to spend the money up front.
Lease purchase is purely a finance package and does not include maintenance or other added-value services, such as those offered with a contract purchase agreement.
NB: Nationwide Vehicle Contracts are specialists in Contract Hire and Personal Contract Hire agreements. While Business Lease Purchase agreements are no longer available with Nationwide Vehicle Contracts, it is important that you review the benefits and exclusions of every lease contract to better understand which agreement is best suited to your needs.
How could it work for your business?
As part of a lease purchase agreement, you will pay an initial deposit and then a series of monthly payments until the end of the agreed contract length. The initial deposit and monthly payments are worked out using the retail value of the brand new vehicle, the length of contract (two or four years, for example), and the estimated residual value of the vehicle at the end of the contract.
It is worth noting that other types of business leasing contracts – such as contract hire and finance lease – are often more popular and common than lease purchase. This is because they offer more flexibility at the end of contract term than a lease purchase agreement.
If you’ve got further questions about which type of lease contract is best for you and your business, take a look at the information we’ve provided on each of the different contracts. Alternatively, give our team a call on 0345 811 9595.
The key features of business lease purchase?
- Pure finance package – no maintenance packages or other services are included
- The vehicle will belong to your company once the lease purchase agreement has begun
- The slower a vehicle’s value depreciates, the better deal you will be able to get, as it is you who takes on the residual value
- The car or van is paid for via an initial deposit, low monthly payments, and a final balloon payment
- The vehicle must be purchased at the end of the agreement
The key benefits of business lease purchase?
- Your company will own the vehicle once the final balloon payment has been made
- Vehicle will be retained as a company asset
- Low deposit and monthly payments, freeing up company money
- Monthly payments are not subject to VAT
- The vehicle can appear as a balance sheet item; the value of it can be written down against taxable profits
- The vehicle is registered in the name of your company
Considerations for business lease purchase?
- The balloon payment must be paid for at the end of the contract
- In some cases the balloon can be higher than its value at the end of the contract
- Vehicle must be insured with full comprehensive cover
What happens at the end of the contract?
At the end of the business lease purchase contract, your company will pay a final balloon payment and take ownership of the vehicle. At the start of a lease purchase agreement, it is agreed you’re your company will purchase the car or van at the end of the contract. You’re liable for the full value and there is no option to return the vehicle at the end of the agreement.
Visit the Nationwide Vehicle Contracts homepage to browse our wide range of available brand new cars and vans.
Share this guide
What information would you like to see on this page?