What are my obligations?
- You must provide full and accurate information to all questions asked. Your answers must be true to the best of your knowledge and belief. Your answers will form part of the statement of facts on which your policy will be based. If you become aware that information you have given us is inaccurate or has changed, you must inform us as soon as possible. Failure to do this may invalidate your policy and claims may not be paid.
- You must be the UK registered keeper or hirer of the insured vehicle which was purchased within the last 30 days and is to be principally used in the UK, Ireland, Isle of Man or Channel Islands and for no more than 60 days in any one trip within the EU.
- You must advise us if you sell or transfer ownership of the vehicle. If the transfer of ownership is to a family member and within 90 days of the start date it is possible to transfer the cover. You will need to contact us to arrange the transfer.
- You must make us aware of any change in circumstances that effect your eligibility for this policy.
- In the event we cannot complete a minor damage repair and instruct you to arrange a body shop repair, you are required to submit a paid invoice to us for reimbursement of your £150.
- All claims must be reported to us as soon as possible, and no later than 30 days after the damage occurred.
For all obligations please refer to your policy document.
How much does SMART Plus Insurance cost?
SMART Plus Insurance costs £399 which can paid as a one-off payment via credit or debit card or 10 monthly instalments of £39.90 by direct debit.
Who is the underwriter?
SMART Plus Insurance is underwritten by Fortegra Europe Insurance Company Limited, who are authorised and regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority under reference no. C 84703 and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority under reference number 805770.
Fortegra Europe Insurance Company Limited
The Reed Centre
Ta’ Xbiex Marina
How do I make a claim through SMART Plus Insurance?
The first step to making a claim is to contact an administrator as soon as you become aware of an incident that has resulted in damage by either:
If you prefer, you can even write to Premia Solutions Limited, the address is:
Premia Solutions Limited
3 Corunna Court
Once you have been in touch with the administrator, they will provide you with a claim form, explain the process and tell you how to submit the claim form. You will then need to complete the form, ensuring any sections that need to be completed by others are filled in.
Please note, the administrator will require photographs of the damage in order to assess your claim. For minor cosmetic damage you are required to include evidence of the diameter of the damage by using a ruler when taking the photographs. Where your alloy wheel has suffered malicious damage, you must obtain a crime reference number from the police and provide this to the administrator. The claim form and any other information the administrator may require must be received within the 30 days of the incident date.
In regards to alloy wheel damage, you can claim up to 10 alloy wheels repairs to keep your wheels looking spick and span.
How do I cancel the contract?
Please note, you have the right to cancel your policy at any time. If you cancel within 30 days of your policy start date or receipt of the policy terms (whichever is later) and have not made a successful claim on your policy, you will be entitled to a full refund or premium paid. However, if you cancel after 30 days and have not made a successful claim on your policy, you will entitled to a pro rata refund. A pro rata refund is based on the number of fully unexpired months remaining on your policy, minus a fixed amount of £35 to cover our costs incurred on relation to your cancellation policy.
A pro rata refund example is as follows:
- 36-month policy term
- £360 total premium paid for policy
- cancellation in month 12 leaves 24 full months remaining
- pro rata refund of £240 less £35 administration fee
- amount of refund due to you is £205
If you do decide to cancel your policy, please contact an administrator by calling – 01926 622 660 – or writing to Premia Solutions Limited:
Premia Solutions Limited
3 Corunna Court