But what do these codes of conduct mean to you as the customer? They mean you can be safe in the knowledge that we carry out business in an honest and trustworthy manner at all times. We take your needs seriously and work hard to ensure that you’re happy with the service we provide.
The British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA) is the trade association for companies engaged in the leasing and rental of cars and commercial vehicles. Established in 1967, the association represents the interests of more than 2 million business car drivers and the 10 million people who use a rental car each year. By operating a strict code of conduct for its members as well as conducting regular quality assurance inspections, the BVRLA seeks to offer customer assurance that wherever you see the BVRLA logo you will receive the highest level of service possible
The BVRLA Leasing Broker Members code of conduct is intended to ensure that customers using them have the absolute right to expect and receive the highest level of service, honesty and integrity. The code states that Leasing Broker members must:
1) Conduct their business lawfully and comply with all relevant legislation, trading fairly and responsibly.
2) Provide clear quotations, pricing & payment profiles to customers.
3) Ensure that vehicles sourced and offered to customers meet the manufacturers current specifications and standards.
4) Ensure that prior to representing a customer they obtain their consent.
5) Ensure that customers are provided with clear terms of business
6) Offer advice best suited to the customer's stated needs and requirements.
7) Provide clear terms and conditions of an order, including details of any cancellation fees as well as guidance of how to cancel - at the time of order.
8) Operate in a professional manner from an established commercial place of business.
9) Ensure all staff are adequately trained to the required standards
10) Ensure they have a written customer complaint handling process in the event of customer dissatisfaction which adheres to the Financial Ombudsman Service's requirements and BVRLA Conciliation Service.