At the Geneva International Motor Show earlier this month, Skoda not only launched its new Kodiaq Scout but also the new Kodiak Sportline, a sportier version of the existing Skoda Kodiaq.
Distinctive in look, with room enough (if required) for seven seats, the space inside the Sportline is the largest in its segment, with the new car touching driving emotion and pure driving pleasure.
With all bodywork elements and special features finished in black, the dynamism of the Kodiaq Sportline is fully underlined. The radiator grille, roof rails, wing mirror housings and side window trims all come in black, the rear window and rear side windows are tinted, and the rear is enhanced by a narrow, silver-coloured trim below the bumper, while the protective side trims are body-coloured.
Even the silhouette of the Kodiaq is dynamic, characterised by short overhangs, a visually extended roofline and a tapered rear, and then there are the newly-designed (and standard) 19" alloy wheels - with 20" wheels available as an option.
When it comes to equipment, the Sortline is based on the Kodiaq SE trim level.
And then added on to that are:
- Alcantara sports seats
- An electronically adjustable driver's seat with memory function and silver-coloured stitching
- Leather covered Multifunction steering wheel
- Aluminium pedals
- Leather covered gearstick
- Driving Mode Select (Normal, Sport, Eco, Individual, Comfort, Snow)
- Electronically adjustable and foldable wing mirrors with dip and memory function
- Boarding Spot (lights in the wing mirror which shine onto the floor)
- Rear-view mirror with rain sensor and dip function
- Maxi DOT display
- LED ambient interior lighting which can be set to one of ten colours
- Kodiaq logo in the door sills
- Alcantara decorative inserts
- Floor mats with silver-coloured stitching
The power and engines
When the Sportline launches at the back-end of 2017, there will be a choice of two petrol and two diesel engines.
- The 1.4 TSI 150-PS 4×4 comes complete with a top speed of 122 mph, acceleration from 0-62 mph in 9.8 seconds, combined consumption fuel economy of 41.5 mpg, and emissions of 153 g CO2/km
- The 2.0 TSI 180-PS 4×4 comes complete with a top speed of 128 mph, acceleration from 0-62 mph in 8.0 seconds, combined consumption fuel economy of 38.7 mpg, and emissions of 168 g CO2/km
- The 2.0 TDI 150-PS 4×4 comes complete with a top speed of 122 mph, acceleration from 0-62 mph in 9.5 seconds, combined consumption fuel economy of 53.3 mpg, and emissions of 139 g CO2/km
- The 2.0 TDI 190-PS 4×4 comes complete with top speed of 130 mph, acceleration from 0-62 mph in 8.9 seconds, combined consumption fuel economy of 49.6 mpg, and emissions of 150 g CO2/km
The new Skoda Kodiak Sportline is available with all-wheel drive as standard, with Adaptive Dynamic Chassis as an option, with three mode settings: Comfort, Normal and Sport.
All-wheel drive provides an increase in safety and traction, especially on rough and tough terrain, where the ground clearance of 194 mm, the ramp angle of 19.7 degrees; and approach and departure angles of 22.0 and 23.1 degrees respectively come into their own.
Driver assistance systems
All variants of the new Sportline set benchmarks within their segment when it comes to Driver Assistance features, such as:
- Trailer Assist
- Blind Spot Detect
- Rear Traffic Alert
- Crew Protect Assist function
- City Emergency Brake
- Predictive Pedestrian Protection
- Park Assist with Area-View system surround-view cameras
And when it comes to Infotainment, the Sportline includes:
- Capacitive touch displays feature a glass design (except for the standard Swing sound system)
- (At the top-of-the-range) the Columbus navigation system with 9.2" monitor, a Wi-Fi hotspot and an LTE module. Automatic Emergency Call function
- ŠKODA Connect
Do you like the look of the new Skoda Kodiaq Sportline? Then register your interest today by contacting a customer service representative and they will be able to help you find the right leasing deal.