Taking care of servicing, repair and maintenance requirements for your lease vehicle takes time and effort which is why some drivers opt to take a maintenance contract with their lease agreement.
For a fixed monthly fee, a maintenance contract includes all routine servicing, replacement tyres, MOT tests and other repair costs that might be required during the term of the contract. This cover is in addition to the standard UK manufacturer’s warranty and the 12 months roadside assistance offered with new vehicles.
A maintenance contract also helps minimise the time drivers spend arranging servicing and repairs, reducing their downtime and limit disruption to their busy schedules.
What does the Maintenance Contract include?
Maintenance contracts are offered by the finance provider and as such, can vary from policy to policy. As a general rule, most maintenance contracts include:
- Scheduled servicing for the duration of the contract
- Mechanical and electrical repairs, including associated parts and labour
- Bulbs, Batteries, Exhausts, Cam Belts, Wiper Blades, Alternators and Starter Motors
- MOT tests (if applicable)
- Tyre repair and replacement including valve and balance
- Road Fund Licence renewals
- Replacement glass (rechargeable)
- Breakdown assistance (dependent upon finance provider)
If you are interested in taking out a maintenance contract with
your lease agreement, Nationwide Vehicle Contracts will be happy to provide you
with a full list of inclusions and exclusions offered your finance provider.
How does it work?
A maintenance contract takes care of all the hard work in arranging a service and/or MOT from start to finish. Working on behalf of the driver, the dedicated maintenance team will make all arrangements, booking the vehicle in with a local approved supplier and then liaising with them to ensure all the work required is carried out in a prompt and timely manner. Most maintenance contracts also include:
- Free service booking and management service
- Free collection and delivery from your home or work address
- Free wash and vac (dependent upon finance provider)
- Regular progress updates on repairs
- Preferential booking times with urgent repairs prioritised
- Downtime managed to a minimum
- Accredited garages including dedicated LCV networks (often available out of normal working hours)
- Courtesy car upon request (dependent upon finance provider)
What are the benefits?
A maintenance contracts allows drivers to gain maximum value from their contract with minimal downtime. Fixing the costs at the start of the agreement can also save unexpected maintenance costs and offer peace of mind in the long term.
Key benefits include:
- Planned fixed monthly cost
- No unexpected maintenance costs
- Protection from rising inflation costs
- Dedicated qualified technical team to deal with any problematic vehicles
- VAT is 100% recoverable on the maintenance element of your contract for VAT registered businesses.
What are the exclusions?
Policies vary from provider to provider but as a general rule, the following exclusions apply:
- Repairs or replacements due to driver error or driver induced faults (e.g. lack of regular maintenance/servicing)
- Damage sustained in a road traffic accident or caused by malicious damage or vandalism
- Replacement due to theft
- Paintwork and body damage not deemed to be ‘fair wear and tear’
- Cases subject to an insurance claim or where fraud is suspected
- Missing, stolen or broken items e.g. bent aerials, missing hub caps
- Vandalised and stolen wheels and/or tyres
- The cost of winter tyres or other such tyre ‘upgrades’ (available as optional extra)
- Excessive tyre replacements due to punctures
- Damaged windscreen and/or glass replacement (available as optional extra)
- Lubricant and fluid top ups between service intervals (e.g. oil and screenwash top ups)
- A relief vehicle is not guaranteed, unless you have selected this option on your contract
Can I upgrade my Maintenance Contract?
You can upgrade your maintenance contracts to include additional optional services such as roadside assistance and travel breakdown cover if needed.
For an additional cost, the following can be added onto the contract:
- Roadside Assistance Cover 24/7 365 days a year
- Free European Travel Breakdown Assistance
- Free of charge 24hr replacement vehicle
- At home and roadside attendance
- Repair or Recovery to onward destination
- Onward travel e.g. train, taxi and air fares including accommodation for up to 8 passengers
- Repatriation back to UK
- Onward travel including accommodation
- Communications and Translation Service
- Foreign Travel Documentation Service valid for 12 months (subject to document fee)
Please be aware that if you choose not to take out a maintenance contract with your lease vehicle, you will be responsible for all maintenance and servicing costs for the vehicle throughout the duration of your contract. This includes ensuring that all tyres are of a legal standard at all times.